Giving to Grace Baptist Church
As members and attendees of Grace Baptist Church, your giving supports our ministries and allows us to help those in need in our community. Here are various ways that you can give.
- Join us on Sunday mornings and place your offering in the collection boxes on either side of the church sign in our foyer.
- Send an e-Transfer to "firstname.lastname@example.org".
- Give online using the Tithe.ly web site (one time, or sign up to give regularly) or smart phone app.
- Text "Give" to (204) 817-6871 (enabled by Tithe.ly).
- Give online using the Canada Helps web site.
- Contact the church office at 902-368-2218 to arrange a drop-off time.
When you give in the collection boxes, by e-transfer, or in the office, your donation will be processed by our staff and volunteeers, resulting in no expenses beyond normal staff salary and wages. The tithing envelopes are available at no extra cost.
When you give through Tithe.ly (web site, app, or text message), they charge 2.9% (or 3.5% if you use American Express) + $0.30 of your donated amount, though they give you the option of covering this yourself instead of having it deducted from your donation.
When you give through Canada Helps, they keep 4% (for one-time donations) or 3.5% (for monthly donations) of your donated amount (see the Our Fees page on the Canada Helps web site for more details).
Canadian charitable giving tax receipt
If you give anonymously (such as by placing cash into the collection boxes), we cannot issue a receipt for your donation. If you would like to be issued a tax receipt then place your offering into an envelope, with your information included, and we would be happy to send you a receipt. You can find tithing envelopes at the welcome centre or on the side of our collection boxes located on either side of the church sign in the foyer. Please contact the church office at 902-368-2218 if you have any questions.
If you give using the collection boxes, by e-transfer, through Tithe.ly, or in the office, you will be issued a yearly receipt from Grace Baptist Church.
If you give through Canada Helps, your receipt will be issued by them (see the How do I get my tax receipt? article on their web site for more details).