Grace Baptist Church is led by a plurality of Elders. We believe this to be the biblical model for leadership in the local church. According to the New Testament, elders are responsible for the primary leadership and oversight of a church.
- The Elders lead the church [1 Tim 5:17; Titus 1:7; 1 Peter 5:1–2]
- Teach and preach the Word [1 Timothy 3:2; 2 Timothy 4:2; Titus 1:9]
- Protect the church from false teachers [Acts 20:17, 28–31]
- Exhort and admonish the saints in sound doctrine [1 Timothy 4:13; 2 Timothy 3:13–17; Titus 1:9]
- Visit the sick and pray [James 5:14; Acts 6:4]
- Judge doctrinal issues [Acts 15:6]. I
In biblical terminology, elders shepherd, oversee, lead, and care for the local church. To learn more about our Elders, visit our Elders page.